Following a testing twelve months of having to decide the next steps of their futures between national lockdowns, we are delighted to announce that all our final year scholars who applied for university placements for September 2021, have successfully received their first choice conditional offers.
The lads are now entering their final term as a Football Industry College scholars, working towards completing final units of work and delivering practical assessments that will secure a Level 3 Extended Diplomas in Sports & Exercise Science, opening the door to their chosen university and degree.
The Level 3 Extended Sports Science and Working in Sport Diplomas that the Football Industry College offer provides scholars with the opportunity to explore a variety of topics associated with the sports industry. Combining this with an industry enrichment programme has resulted in the following scholars gaining relevant experiences to support in identifying their chosen pathway and future career aspirations.
- Lewis Wild – Sheffield Hallam – BSc (Hons) Physical Education and School Sport
- Oliver Groombridge – Sheffield Hallam – BSc (Hons) Physical Education and School Sport
- Nathan Mills – Sheffield Hallam – BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- Cameron Barker – Sheffield Hallam – BSc (Hons) Sports Development with Coaching
- Kieran Abbott – Sheffield Hallam – BSc (Hons) Sports Development with Coaching
- Luke Lister – Sheffield Hallam – BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- James Lewis – Sheffield Hallam – BA (Hons) Sport Journalism
- Jason Martin – Manchester Metropolitan – BSc (Hons) Manchester City Community Football Coaching
- Leroy Takyi – Leeds Trinity – BSc (Hons) Sport Psychology
- Harrison Radford – Leeds Beckett – BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching
“Our scholars have really raised their game over the past twelve months to ensure they stayed focused and on course to achieve their targeted grades through the disruption of national lockdowns and remote learning. Despite these interruptions our learners have shown resilience and an excellent work ethic, which has resulted in a 100% success rate for all our learners looking to progress onto university receiving their first choice conditional offers. With lockdowns resulting in university tours being cancelled and replaced with virtual tours, our tutors have gone above and beyond to deliver online talks and workshops with relevant universities to help scholars decide which university and course was right for them, offering support within the application process. This has been an incredible achievement for these learners and is testament to the effort they have put in over the past two years.”Rich Clarke – Assistant Director – Football Industry College